Monday, September 7, 2009

Miss Me?

You've probably noticed I took a little unannounced break from the Internets for a while. Things have been busy. Things have been exhausting. But things have been good.

We were away at Brian's brother's wedding for a five days. There are EIGHT Nash grandchildren now--and that's in just five years! Do not be fooled by the picture below with just seven children. Lucy girl was sleeping at the time. With all the cousin interaction there's bound to be cesspool of germs in every nook and cranny. Each day brought a new sick kid. Not horribly sick, but just enough to cause a bit of angst.

We returned home on Tuesday and just when I thought I could reap some sleep-filled nights, my little Lucy girl decided to rock the boat.

We're at that awkward fourth month. She's definitely not a newborn anymore but still not quite old enough for more infanty things like sleeping through the night, eating solids and sticking to a predictable awake/sleep routine.

And I'm OK with that. It's just that she's really really really hungry. Like every-one-to-two-hours-after-3-a.m. hungry.

I'm not a fan of starting solids early. There's something comforting and wholesome knowing that she's getting all of her nutrients straight from her mama.

But I'm just not sure how much longer I can run on these fumes for the rest of my family.

I don't need her to sleep through the night. But a couple of four-hour stretches in a row would do a mama good.

Her 4-month check-up is on Thursday so maybe, with the help of her pediatrician, we can find a happy medium.

In other news were totally diggin' our new stompin' ground.

We decided to stay at homebase this holiday weekend and I'm so thankful we did. We're experiencing beautiful Minnesota fall weather.

We've logged a LOT of miles on my BFF this weekend. We're just blocks from the River Road. We did that up on Saturday morning for over an hour. The weather was just too nice so we just kept going and going. Both kids fell asleep. But even when they weren't sleeping they were content watching the scenery pass them by.

Friday night we walked to an ice cream shop. Sunday morning we walked to church. Sunday evening we walked to rent a DVD.

Have I mentioned I love our new location? We've got a walk score of 83 baby! That's up from 18 at our old house.

Other than walking our pants off we're still continuing to make this house feel more like home. For me that means constant cleaning.

All that and we still got in nine hours of college football on Saturday? Me loveth college football but, whew!, it's gonna be a long season.

2 comments:

  1. Jenny - I'm admiring your Notre Dame glass (good Indiana school), when I noticed your staircase.

    I swear, we have the same house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooooooooooooo jealous of your walk score. Our house has a walk score of 6. 6?!?!? We are so moving when we get the chance. ;)

    P.S. Yes, I did miss you, actually.

    P.P.S. My littlest is 6 months old next week and has been eating a lot at night too. Growth spurt, perhaps?

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © Mama Nash | Custom Blog Design by Lilipop Designs